Oh, my God. No!
天哪 不!
Well, wouldn’t this be nice, Gran?
这样不好吗 奶奶?
Going from a boy who works the fields to a man who owns them.
先是在农场干活的男孩 现在是拥有农场的富翁
And you got to skip the messy bits.
把中间的漫长过渡省掉了
Life is the messy bits.
生命就是漫长的过渡
Peccato it wasn’t me.
真遗憾那不是我
Yes.
是的
I would have never let you go.
我是绝对不会让你走的
Believe me.
相信我
What is it with you and Italian men? They fall at your feet.
你跟意大利男人咋那么来感? 他们拜倒在你脚下
It’s such a shame. I think I could’ve been happy here.
真可惜 我还以为在这里会开心的
Happy? Did your grandson just say happy?
开心? 你孙子刚说了开心这个词耶
I said could have been.
我是说本以为
Let’s not get carried away. I have a reputation to uphold.
别岔开话题 我要保持名声呢
Charlie, why don’t you tell Sophi about your pro bono legal work?
查理 怎么不告诉索菲你的公益法律计划?
I can’t imagine she’d have much interest, Gran.
我无法想象她会有这个兴趣 奶奶
Try me. You know the sort of thing,
说来听听 你知道这些事啦
defending the defenseless, preserving human rights,
维护无防备的人们 保护人权
helping refugees get asylum.
帮难民找避难所
You look surprised. I’m so surprised.
你看起来很吃惊 我就是吃惊
I just didn’t have you pinned down as the save-humanity type at all.
我就是不能把你跟保护人权联系在一块
Really?
真的?
And what type did you have me pinned down for exactly?
那你把我归为哪种类型?
Well, I was leaning towards elitist Oxford prig,
我倾向于杰出的牛津纨绔子弟
but now that you mention it,
但既然你自己说到了
self-satisfied do-gooder works, as well.
同时也做自我满足且受人尊敬的工作
I guess you’re a poor judge of character then.
那你可真不会判断性格
But she does deal with facts, Charlie.
但她是看重事实的 查理
Okay.
好吧
I’m off to bed. Okay.
我要睡觉了 好的
Good night, darling. Good night. Sleep well.
晚安 亲爱的 晚安 好梦
May I walk you to your room? Be nice to each other.
我要陪你回房间吗? 对彼此友善点
She is awesome.
她很棒