gunned the engine
加大油门
reached for my hand
按住我的手
Pull over
把车停在路边
I shouted to the driver of the tractor to pull over and let me through.
我向拖拉机手喊,要他把拖拉机开到路边让我过去。
I had a narrow shave yesterday when I had a puncture on the motorway, but fortunately I was able to keep the car in control until I could pull over and stop.
昨天在公路上行驶时,我的车轮胎被戳破了,我真是死里逃生,幸好我能控制住车直到停下。
gas pedal
油门踏板
Lights flared
灯光亮起来
grimly
冷酷地
I admire him for his grim courage.
我佩服他的坚韧不拔的勇气。
We had a grim struggle before we won.
我们经历了一场恶斗才赢得胜利。
outrun
甩掉
The sub can outrun any destroyer.
这艘潜水艇比任何驱逐舰航行得都快。
I bet him he could not outrun me.
我跟他打赌他追不上我。
whined
哀号
The whine of the motors jangled her nerves.
马达的闹声使她的神经受不了。
There were a few whines and whimpers about policy changes.
关于政策的变动有一些抱怨和不满。