'Well'?'he said,staring coldly at her.
"好啊?"他瞪着她冷冷地说。
'Oh Frank,I made a mistake!
"唉,弗兰克,我弄错了。
I thought it was the other church,the one near the market,
我以为是另一个教堂,是靠近集市的那个教堂,
and I waited there till a quarter to twelve,
我在那儿一直等到差一刻十二点,
and then I realized my mistake.
后来意识到我搞错了。
But it doesn't matter,because we can just as easily get married tomorrow. '
不过,没关系。明天我们也能一样容易地结婚。"
'You're a fool,to play games with me!'he replied angrily.
"你真蠢,跟我玩这种游戏!"他生气地答道。
'So shall we get married tomorrow,Frank?'she asked,not understanding how seriously she had offended him.
"弗兰克,那我们明天结婚吗?"她问道,并不明白她已惹怒了他。
'Tomorrow!'he repeated,and laughed.
"明天!"他重复说,大笑起来。
'I don't want another experience like that for a while,I can promise you!'
"告诉你,我可不想再要一次这样的经历!"
'But Frank,'she begged in a trembling voice,'it wasn't such a terrible mistake!
"可是,弗兰克,"她用颤抖的声音恳求说,"这也不是什么大不了的错!
Now,dear Frank,when will our wedding be?'
亲爱的弗兰克,我们什么时候举行婚礼?"
'Ah,when?God knows!'he said,and turning away from her,walked rapidly away.
"哼,什么时候?天知道!"他说着,迅速转身走了。