“People were surprised when I entered psychiatry.
“当我选择学习精神病学的时候,人们都很惊讶。
I could have studied other forms of medicine and worked in a more enjoyable place and earned more money.
我本可以学习其他形式的医学,在一个更令人愉快的地方工作,赚更多的钱。
Now I want to help other people in my country to understand that mental sickness can be treated successfully, that people can recover, find satisfying lives and be useful to society.”
现在我想帮助我的国家的其他人了解精神疾病是可以被成功治愈的,人们可以康复,找到令人满意的生活,并对社会有用。”
“And I want to encourage others to enter psychiatry.
“我想鼓励其他人选择学精神病学。
There are 2 young doctors working for me.
有两个年轻的医生为我工作。
They say they plan to enter psychiatry.
他们说,他们计划选择学习精神病学。
I hope they will turn out to be serious enough to go overseas for the special training; and then turn out to be crazy enough to come back here to work at this hospital.
我希望他们能够认真去海外接受特殊培训;然后最终能够回到这家医院工作。
I believe they will, because I know I am not alone in my dream about the hospital. They share it.”
我相信他们会的,因为我知道我不是唯一一个在做关于医院的梦。他们也在做。”
The dream Doctor Mouanga is talking about is his dream of a better future for his patients and the hospital.
穆安加医生所说的梦想是他希望他的病人和医院有一个更美好的未来。
He knows how difficult his job can be.
他知道他的工作有多难。
But he also knows that his job is important.
但他也知道自己的工作很重要。
“In my dream I walk into the psychiatric unit at the University Hospital in Brazzaville, and it has changed.
“在我的梦里,我走进布拉柴维尔大学医院的精神科,一切都变了。
The paint on the walls is no longer peeling.
墙上的油漆不再掉落。
The rooms are happy. A telephone is ringing.
房间里的人们都很开心。电话铃响了。
One group of patients is in a group treatment meeting; another group is painting pictures with an art therapist.
一组患者正在参加小组治疗会议;另一组患者正在和一位艺术治疗师一起画画。
I believe my dream can come true, when I look at the progress we have made.”
当我看到我们取得的进步时,我相信我的梦想可以实现。”
Much of the information for this program, including Doctor Mouanga’s story came from the WHO’s website.
该项目的大部分信息,包括穆安加医生的故事,都来自世界卫生组织的网站。
There, you can find more Health Worker Diaries.
在那里,你可以找到更多的医务工作者日记。
You can find a link to the WHO’s website on our website.
你可以在我们的网站上找到世卫组织网站的链接。