That day,
那一天
for no particular reason,
不知什么原因
I decided to go for a little run.
我决定出去跑一趟
So I ran to the end of the road,
所以我跑到路的尽头
and when I got there, I thought maybe I'd run to the end of town.
当我到达那里,我想也许我能跑到城边
President Carter, suffering from heat exhaustion--
卡特总统因中暑病倒…
And when I got there,
而当我到达那里
I thought maybe I'd just run across Greenbow County.
我想也许我能跑遍绿茵县
Now, I figured since I'd run this far,
这时我想既然我跑了那么远
maybe I'd just run across the great state of Alabama.
也许我可以跑遍亚拉巴马州
And that's what I did.
我就这么做了
I ran clear across Alabama.
我横越整个亚拉巴马
No particular reason. I just kept on going.
不知什么原因,我继续跑
I ran clear to the ocean.
我一直跑到大海
And when I got there,
当我到达那里
I figured since I'd gone this far,
我想既然我跑了那么远
might as well turn around, just keep on going.
也许不如掉头继续跑
And when I got to another ocean,
然后当我跑到另一个大海
I figured since I'd gone this far...
我想既然我跑了那么远…
I might as well just turn back
我也许不如掉头
and keep right on going.
继续跑下去