1.kind of 相当;有一些:
I'm kind of hungry.
我有些饿了
He was kind of a fool.
他有点儿傻。
情景对话:
--Are you interested in such book? 你对这种书感兴趣吗?
--Yeah, kind of. 是的,有点儿兴趣。
2. had better...最好...;其中better后直接跟动词原形;
You’d better be silent about what you saw.
你最好对所看到的事保持沉默。
情景对话:
--She works very hard every day. 她每天工作都很努力。
--She's better be careful not to overdo it. 她最好小心别工作过头了。
3. stay away from...远离...,与...保持距离;
You just stay away from me please.
求你离开我。
情景对话:
--Do you see that guy who follows us? 看到那个跟踪我们的人了吗?
--Tell him to stay away from us. 告诉他离我们远点。
4. let's say...比如说...
Let's say if it happens, then what will we do?
假设情况发生了,那我们该怎么办?
Let's say that he did not do that, then who did? :
如果说这不是他干的,那是谁干的?
5.Put off 把(某人、要求等)搪塞过去;支吾
She keeps putting off going to the dentist.
她老是拖延著不去看牙病。
情景对话:
--My partner always put off my requirements off. 她总是把我的请求支吾过去。
--Tell her it's compulsory for work next time. 下次告诉她这是工作必须的。
6. hang out出去玩,闲逛;
He always hangs out around the beach in sunny days.
天气好的日子他总在海边闲逛。
情景对话:
--Where will you go this weekend? 这个周末你准备哪里去?
--Hang out in the forest with my friends. 和朋友在树林里玩。