The Big Bang Theory,《生活大爆炸》
A:Let's go out tonight. I have to go out tonight...
甲:让我们今夜狂欢吧,今夜我一定要狂欢…
B:What the hell is that?
乙:那是什么鬼叫声?
A:I don't know, but if cats could sing...They'd hate it, too.
甲:我不知道,但是如果猫能唱歌…它们也会恨这歌声。
B:You want to prowl, be my night owl...Hey, guys! Hi! Where you going?
乙:你伺机徘徊与我共度良宵…嘿,伙计们!嗨!你们要去哪?
A:What? We just had to mail some letters and...throw away some chicken.
甲:什么?我们只是去寄几封信,然后…把一些鸡肉扔了。
B:You'll never guess what just happened.
乙:你们肯定猜不到刚才发生了什么。
A:Oh, I give up.
甲:哦,我弃权。
B:I don't guess.As a scientist, I reach conclusions based on observation and experimentation…Although as I'm saying this, it occurs to me you may have been employing a rhetorical
乙:
A:device rendering my response moot.
甲:我不猜,作为一名科学家,我只通过观察与实验得出结论…虽然我这么说,我却觉得你可能一直都用的是设问句,而且不想听到这种答案。
B:What was that?
乙:什么意思?
A:Believe it or not, personal growth. What happened?
甲:信不信由你,那是自我成长。发生什么事了?