Let but the commons hear this testament, which, pardon me, I do not mean to read,
只要让民众一听到这张遗嘱上的话,原谅我,我现在还不想宣读遗嘱,
and they would go and kiss dead Caesar's wounds, and dip their napkins in his sacred blood; Yea, beg a hair of him for memory,
他们就会去吻恺撒尸体上的伤口,用手巾去蘸他神圣的血;还要请求留下他的一根头发作纪念,
and, dying, mention it within their wills, bequeathing it as a rich legacy Unto their issue.
在他们寿终正寝时,会在他们的遗嘱上指明,作为传给他们后代的一项宝贵遗产。
Citizen says we'll hear the will: read it, Mark Antony.
公民说我们要听遗嘱;读吧,马克·安东尼。
All say the will, the will; we will hear Caesar's will.
众公民说遗嘱,遗嘱!我们要听恺撒的遗嘱。
Antony says have patience, gentle friends, I must not read it;
安东尼说耐心点,善良的朋友们;我不能读给你们听;
It is not meet you know how Caesar loved you.
你们也许不晓得恺撒有多么爱你们。
You are not wood, you are not stones, but men;
你们不是木头,你们不是石块,你们是人;
And, being men, hearing the will of Caesar, it will inflame you, it will make you mad;
只要是人,听到恺撒的遗嘱,就会点燃你们心中的火焰,就会使你们发疯;
it is good you know not that you are his heirs; For, if you should, Oh what would come of it!
你们还是不要知道你们是继承人为好;因为,要是你们知道了的话,啊,就会引起一场大乱!
Read the will; we'll hear it, Antony; You shall read the will, Caesar's will.
读遗嘱!我们要听,安东尼;你务必读给我们听,那是恺撒的遗嘱。
Will you be patient? Will you stay awhile? I have o'ershot myself to tell you of it:
你们能再忍耐一点吗?你们能再等一会儿吗?我一时失口才告诉了你们这件事;
I fear I wrong the honorable men whose daggers have stabbed Caesar.
我怕对不起那些用匕首刺死恺撒的诚实的人。
I do fear it. They were traitors: honorable men! The will! the testament!
我怕我对不起他们。他们是叛徒;什么诚实的人!遗嘱!遗嘱!
You will compel me, then, to read the will? Then make a ring about the corpse of Caesar, and let me show you him that made the will.
你们一定要逼我读那份遗嘱吗?这样的话,你们就围着恺撒的尸体站个圈儿,我来指给你们看看写这份遗嘱的人吧。